Students transferring to Admiral Chester W. Nimitz Elementary School from another local school must present a release card (F211) which is issued by the releasing school and their lease agreement. Students transferring from a school out-of-state should, if available, present a release card to facilitate registration and placement.
The following information is needed for children enrolling in the public schools of Hawaii for the first time:
1. Valid certificate of TB examination issued within 12 months prior to the first attendance at a Hawaii school. Results must be in 00mm reading with date given, date read and include Doctor signature. There are no exemptions to the TB clearance requirement.
2. Current Physical Exam (within one year of entry)
3. Completed Immunization (All shots)
4. Proof of Residency (Housing/Lease Agreement)
5. Proof of Birth (Certificate, Passport, Baptismal Certificate)
If possible, the above requirements should be met at the time of enrollment. However, should there be some difficulty in getting a doctor's appointment to complete the above, a doctor's statement or an appointment card for the next vaccination will suffice.
Only parents or legal guardians are permitted to complete and sign registration and other required school forms.
TRANSFERS/RELEASE OF STUDENTS
If your child is moving to another school or leaving the islands, please inform the office. We will have you fill in a Request for Student Release Form.
1. Please give the office at least five working days to prepare the release form.
2. The release form will be sent home with your child on your child's last day.
3. Take the release form to your new school to register the student.
4. Your child's records will be sent directly to the school when they are requested.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS AND/OR PHONE NUMBERS
Please notify the school whenever there are changes in your address and/or phone numbers. For your child's welfare, it is most important that this data be current so that you can be contacted in case of an emergency.
Children who are 5 years old by July 31 enroll in kindergarten for that school year. For example, children who are 5 years old by July 31, 2017 enroll in kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year. Children who turn 5 on August 1 or later enroll the following school year.
On May 1, 2014, Gov. Abercrombie signed Senate Bill 2768 (Act 76), which makes kindergarten mandatory for children who will be at least 5 years of age on or before July 31 of the school year.
Bring all of the above items to the school office to register your child. The office is open, for registration, from 8:30am to 2:00pm.