Nimitz Elementary School

Skip to main content
Edlio Login

History of the School

History of Nimitz Elementary

Admiral Chester W. Nimitz Elementary School is named in honor of Fleet Admiral Chester William Nimitz, America's outstanding five-star admiral. Opened in 1954, Admr. Chester W. Nimitz Elementary School is located on Main Street next to Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. Our students come from Earhart Village on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam and from Catlin Park Housing.

Motto: Kulia Ika Nu'u (Rise to the Summit) 
 
School Colors: Blue and Yellow
 
School Mascot: Eagle